Ahhh, the quintessential go-to meal, the almighty burger. There are many, MANY fantastic burgers in this city, and it would take more years than I have to attempt to eat all of them but a girl can try, am I right? For this post I did focus on the meaty rather than the meatless, but most of these establishments do have veggie or vegan versions for those who prefer their burgers sans bovine.
- The Lutz – 4639 SE Woodstock Blvd
- The Lutz has not one, but about 8 of the best burgers in Portland. I don’t know the secret of what makes this patty so delicious, but I do know that it is always perfectly cooked and incredibly juicy. It almost doesn’t matter the accoutrements, but a couple of my favorites are the Backdraft if I’m in the mood for SUPER spicy or the Lutz Burger if I’m looking for a classic.
- Slingshot – 5532 SE Center St
- Great drinks, rotating art collection, cheap bubbles, and a damn fine burger and fries makes this unassuming bar a fantastic spot for a low-key date night or head there for the happy hour to get the night started.
- Slow Bar – 533 SE Grand Ave
- At Slow Bar, a perfectly fluffy bun cradles a patty that is the perfect combination of juicy and crisply char-grilled, and best of all, you can get it until quite late.
- Little Bird Bistro – 215 SW 6th Ave
- All of the food at Little Bird is phenomenal, and the Double Brie burger is no exception. Tangy pickles and a spiced ketchup are a great counter-balance for the richness of the brie.
- Yakuza – 5411 NE 30th Ave Suite 100
- An izakaya isn’t exactly the place that I would look for one of Portland’s best burgers but happily, Yakuza delivers one. Piled high with truffled shoestrings, goat cheese, and spicy mayo, the Yazuza burger is always a deliciously messy and perfectly cooked treat. Add the fried egg for an extra dose of decadence.
Did we miss your favorite burger?? Let us know in the comments!