Can you believe we have made it to the final stretch of summer? Us Either! We do hope that September stays warm, especially for these great events! There are quite a few fun and free things to choose from this month. Here are our top picks!
Stroll through the art galleries in the pearl for an evening of art, music, and wine! Parking is difficult so public transit is recommended
The Pearl District
- September 1st
- 5pm – 10pm though gallery hours vary.
Art in the Pearl
- Fine Arts and Craft Festival celebrates 26 years of bringing art to the community. The distinctly artist-run event has long been a favorite in Portland, and it’s the perfect Labor Day destination to gather and celebrate the end of summer.
- Northwest Park Blocks
September 3rd-5th, 10am – 6pm
Rose City Comic Con
- While its primary focus is on comics, comic creators and the creative process, Rose City Comic Con also provides its attendees access to gaming, sci-fi, cosplay, anime, fantasy and everything in between. Its goal is to provide you with a rewarding, fun, family-friendly event experience.
- Oregon Convention Center
starting at $45 – TICKETS
- September 9th: 1pm – 8pm
- September 10th: 10am – 7pm
- September 11th: 10am – 5pm
Chapman Swift Watch
Join the community for one of Portland’s favorite events. Every year as many as 16,000 birds swarm the old smoke stack at chapman elementary as the migrate from Canada to South America.
Chapman Elementary School
Evenings in September
- Stroll through almost 40 acres and a beautiful display garden of stunning dahlias featuring over 370 varieties. You can take home a bouquet, order flowers for spring plantings, or just enjoy the food carts and live music.
- Swan Island Dahlias
- Open everyday except Wednesday
Dragon Boat Festival
- Enjoy Portland’s annual Dragon Boat Festival, featuring dragon boat racing along with food vendors, a beer garden and more. The event features as many as 96 dragon boat teams from all over the world who race in Taiwan-style dragon boats.
- Tom McCall Waterfront Park – (riverplace Marina)
- MORE INFO
- September 10th – 11th
Grand Prix of Portland
- Every fall since 2018, Portland International Raceway has hosted the celebrated open-wheel racing. Held from 1984–2007 under various names, the race is back at Portland International Raceway as the only Verizon IndyCar Series race in the Pacific Northwest
- Portland International Raceway
- Starting at $70 – TICKETS
- MORE INFO
- September 2nd-4th
We hope to see you at some of these awesome events!
Looking for something else to do? Check out our best of lists!