Can you believe we are already nearing the end of summer? Us Either! We do hope though that this lovely warm weather continues through September. We have some fantastic events for you this month and we hope to see you out there enjoying the city!
- The three-day festival on 80 acres just outside Portland attracts a range of indie, rock and rap artists as well as the bluegrass troupes that gave the event its name. You can camp with a weekend pass, or just do a day pass!
- Pendarvis Farm – Happy Valley
Weekend passes from $390 and day passes from $170
August 4th – 7th
Vanport Jazz Festival
First Thursday in The Pearl
Stroll through the art galleries in the pearl for an evening of art, music, and wine! Parking is difficult so public transit is recommended
The Pearl District
- August 4th
- 5pm – 10pm though gallery hours vary.
Hip Hop Week
Adult Soap Box Derby
- Put down your video game controllers and step away from your Mario Kart. The best way to race isn’t on a screen, it’s down an extinct cinder cone volcano in Southeast Portland. This event is so much fun, its a Portland MUST!
- Mt. Tabor Park
- MORE INFO
- August 20th
Hood to Coast
- Hood to Coast is the world’s largest running relay race, stretching 200 miles from the top of Mount Hood to the Pacific Ocean in Seaside.
- Timberline – Seaside
- Tickets sell out months in advance, but you can watch along the way!
- August 26th
We hope to see you at some of these awesome events!
Looking for something else to do? Check out our best of lists!