It’s officially fall and I can smell the pumpkin spice from here! Luckily there is still no shortage of things to this month, and with any luck, the nice weather will stick around for most of October! Check out this list of events going on around Portland!
Portland Greek Festival
The Portland Greek Festival is celebrated as the largest Greek Festival on the west coast with more than 15,000 people attending. This cultural experience features Greek food, music, dance and shopping!
3131 NE Glisan St
- September 30th and October 1st, 11am – 10pm
- October 2nd, 12pm – 7pm
Fresh Hops Fest
- Fresh hop beers are only available for a short window during hop harvest and are brewed with hops picked from the vine, usually within 24 hours. There are unique flavor and aroma attributes that only fresh hops can bring to a beer.
- Oaks Amusement Park
- $25 – TICKETS
- MORE INFO
- September 30th, 4pm – 8pm
- October 1st, 12pm – 8pm
- Celebrate the fall with a day full of pampering and dog-friendly activities at the annual Dogtoberfest – Portland’s pet-friendliest Oktoberfest party and biggest dog wash. Enjoy music, food, beer–including a special brew made just for DoveLewis–and pet-loving vendors, all while your pup receives a wash and nail trim.
- Lucky Lab – 915 SE Hawthorne
- October 1st, 12pm – 4pm
Stroll through the art galleries in the pearl for an evening of art, music, and wine! Parking is difficult so public transit is recommended
The Pearl District
- October 6th
- 5pm – 10pm though gallery hours vary.
Spirit of Halloweentown
- Each year, St. Helens, the filming site of the otherwise forgettable Halloweentown, remembers its brush with the dollar DVD bin with The Spirit of Halloweentown, a fun, family-friendly celebration of the spookiest holiday around.
- St Helens
- Now through October 31st, attractions open at 10am
Portland Film Festival
- The festival is anchored with outdoor screenings, offering its filmmakers one of the largest audiences on the West Coast. Portland Film Festival is Portland Oregon’s largest film festival by filmmakers for filmmakers.
- Various Locations
- Pricing varies by event
- MORE INFO
- October 12th – 22nd
Giant Pumpkin Regatta
- This cherished local event returns to the Tualatin Commons every October with a series of races. The series is exactly what it sounds like, consisting of costumed racers piloting a gaggle of gigantic gourds through a watercourse on Tualatin Commons lake.
- Lake of the Commons – Tualatin
October 16th, 10am – 4pm
We hope to see you at some of these awesome events!
Looking for something else to do? Check out our best of lists!