It’s National Pancake Day and we are HERE for it! But what are the most scrumptious spots in Portland for a stack, you ask? Read on for 5 of our faves.
- Arleta Library Bakery Cafe 5513 SE 72nd Ave All of the baked, sauteed, or griddled grub here is phenomenal and the Semolina Griddlecakes are no exception. Plus, sometimes they have amazing seasonal pancake specials. Check the blackboard! https://arletalibrary.com/
- Broder Multiple locations If you are looking for something outside of your traditional flapjack comfort zone, look no farther than the Ã†bleskiver (Danish pancakes) at one of the fantastic Broder locales. They are fluffy and delightful and served with lemon curd and lingonberry jam. https://www.broderpdx.com/
- Gravy Locations in N Portland and NE Portland Breakfast foods are the focus at the two locations of Portland staple Gravy. They have several options to scratch that pancake itch, including Banana Chocolate Chip and Blueberry Pecan. http://gravyrestaurant.com/
- Jam on Hawthorne 2239 SE Hawthorne With an extensive menu that features delicious breakfast options for all dietary walk of life, Jam even has Oatmeal Chai Blueberry vegan pancakes (that you may just order even if you aren’t vegan). Head there on a weekday to avoid the line. http://www.jamonhawthorne.com/
- Slappy Cakes 4246 SE Belmont If your pancake proclivities lean towards the DIY but without the prep and clean-up, Slappy Cakes is the place for you. You can choose your batter and sweet or savory toppings, and then make your own fun pancake shapes on your personal griddle. https://www.slappycakes.com/portland
Did we miss your secret spot for the best pancakes? Let us know in the comments!