Want a free activity to help you cool off? We thought so! Going to the beach or river for the day is always a good plan, but those can be sometimes be crowded. The summer is the perfect time to check out Portland’s Best Fountains! Temperatures are climbing and there’s nothing quite like running through a fountain to help you cool you down during these heatwaves.
Stark Street Island Park
- Named the rose petal, this simple fountain is a fun one for kids.
- SE 106th Avenue and SE Stark Street
- Portland, OR 97216
Cascading waterfalls meant to simulate shallow tidepools.
- 810 NW 11th Ave
- Portland OR 97209
- 2 side by side fountains with dancing jets of water.
- 410 NE Second Ave
- Gresham OR 97030
- This timed fountain allows for interactive movement that highlights the history of the neighborhood.
- N Stanton Street and N Williams Avenue
- Portland, OR 97227
Salmon Street Springs
- This 3 phase fountain puts on a glorious display and is great for playing in.
- 1000 SW Naito Pkwy
- Portland, OR 97204
- Arguably the most famous fountain, this was designed to represent the many waterfalls in the area.
- SW 3rd Ave & SW Clay St
- Portland, OR 97201
McCoy Park Fountain
- First municipal fountain, designed to represent the moon’s phases.
- N Trenton and N Newman Ave.
- Portland, OR 97203
Have you been inspired to pack on the sunscreen and run through one of Portland’s Best Fountains? The season for all of these fountains runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day, so you’ll have plenty of time to check out one or all of these if you’d like. If fountains aren’t quite what you had in mind, we’ve also put together plenty of other great Portland activities to check out Here. Let us know if we’ve missed your favorite fountain!
Leave a Reply