Fall is coming to Portland or (hopefully) just a bonus month of summer! Here are some fun events around the city to keep you smiling no matter the weather.
- Saturday/Sunday 9/7-9/8 Mini Maker Faire An awesome yearly event of tinkerers, creatives, crafters, and enthusiasts of all varieties, there is something for everyone to enjoy at this celebration of curiosity. OMSI 9:30am-5:30pm $16/day adult, $10/day youth https://portland.makerfaire.com/
- Saturday/Sunday 9/7-9/8 Portland Dragon Boat Festival Hang out at the waterfront and watch as teams race stunning dragon boats along the Willamette. Beer garden and food vendors will keep your various appetites satisfied. Tom McCall Waterfront Park 8am-5pm Free
- Wednesday-Sunday 9/11-9/15 FEAST Portland’s largest food event of the year is here, and includes classes, dinner series’ by celebrity chefs, ‘Drink Tank’ panels and much, much more. It’s also a fundraiser to combat hunger in Oregon and abroad. Locations, times, and ticket prices vary. https://www.feastportland.com/category/all-events
- Friday-Sunday 9/13-9/15 Rose City Comic Con All things sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, cosplay, and delightfully nerdy pop culture, this event is fun for all ages and some of the best people-watching in town. Oregon Convention Center Fri 1pm-8pm, Sat 10am-7pm, Sun 10am-5pm, ticket packages vary. https://rosecitycomiccon.com/
- Sunday 9/22 Sunday Parkways The final event of the Sunday Parkways series will explore a 7.6 mile loop in Northeast Portland. Bust out your bikes or ‘blades and enjoy live music and vendors as you wheel around the streets sans traffic. Jump in anywhere along the route, 11am-4pm Free. https://www.portlandoregon.gov/transportation/67623
- Friday/ Saturday 9/27-9/28 Oregon Burlesque Festival A festival of titillating teases, the Friday showcase features circus acts, neo, and comedy, while the closing Saturday evening show is the competition portion. Alberta Rose Theater, doors at 8pm, show at 9pm. $25/night or $40/two-day pass. http://www.oregonburlesquefestival.com/home/
- Saturday 9/28 Oktoberfest at the Zoo A family-friendly celebration of all things German, there will be an Alpine band, games for kids, and vendors of German food and beers. You might even catch a glimpse of the Unipiper as he peddles past the penguins. Oregon Zoo, 4pm-7pm, adults $20/ youth $12.95. https://shop.oregonzoo.org/#/SpecialEvents/SpecialEvents
What events are you excited about in September? Post them in comments below!