The Pacific Northwest is known for it’s amazing coffee. How could we not be when Seattle was the birthplace of the now ubiquitous Starbucks? But, with so many incredible and unique coffee shops in the city, who even has time for a chain like that? Not us! Here’s where you should grab your morning (or evening) caffeine buzz instead.
- Carnelian Coffee 6923 SE Foster Rd This fantastic addition to the up-and-coming strip that is Foster Rd is owned by two rockhounds, so you can sip your exquisitely made oat milk latte while looking at awesome geodes through the provided magnifying glasses.
- Crema 2728 SE Ankeny St Crema is the perfect spot to go if you are looking for some phenomenal baked goods to go alongside of your Chai, and the bright and airy sitting area is a great spot for a meeting.
- Extracto 2921 NE Killingsworth This place is known for their precision when it comes to their pours, and are exacting in making sure you get the best possible cup of beans. A great spot for the true coffee nerds!
- Outlier Coffee 5029 SE Division St Hands down the absolute best place in town to get a Bulletproof coffee. Made with butter (or coconut oil for the vegans) the caffeine molecules bond with the fats for an amazing extended boost. They also have incredible flavor combos like the Liger, which adds ginger and turmeric for and extra fun kick.
- Ovation 941 NW Overton St This cute little NW shop has wonderful baked goods, and also features amazing Moroccan coffees and teas, some of which are serves in ornate silver pots for added atmospheric immersion.
- Rimsky-Korsakoffee House 707 SE 12th Ave If you are looking for an after dinner espresso and dessert in a quirky old art house with occasional live music, this is the place to be. Make sure to bring cash and to take a quick peek in the upstairs restroom. You won’t be disappointed.
Did we miss your favorite spot for a pick-me-up? Let us know in the comments!